Austin and Kaleb

Austin and Kaleb

Wesley

Wesley

Friday, February 19, 2010

It's been a while....

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated the blog. Things have been so crazy with the weather and work.... did I mention things have been crazy at work? Ugh!!!

Today I am just sitting at home on the couch. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat and cough. I decided yesterday morning that I would call my doctor because I didn't want it to turn into something more serious. My OB suggested that I go to Urgent Care in case they needed to x-ray to see if I had bronchitis. After sitting at Urgent Care for 2 and a half hours, a q-tip up my nose, and 2 tubes of blood later, I find out I have the flu! Really? I have never had the flu.... I never get the shot. So now, I have no choice but to sit around and rest, which is fine, but my house still looks like a hurricane came through it.

Last weekend my mom came up and brought me something that I found on craigslist in Wilmington! I found a baby doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat. It's the greatest thing ever!!! I can listen to my little peanut's heartbeat anytime I want. This morning it was about 147. I can't wait to share it when I am done with it and pass it on to Chris and Jeanna.

I went this week and bought the stroller/carseat combo. I know its early, but the one I registered for is being discontinued and I wanted it. I liked it, that's why I picked it, and I went and got it.

My next OB appointment is next Friday. So far I have lost about 5 pounds and I can't wait to get a weight update. I'm sure the weight loss can't last much longer. I eat like a pig and he was already weighing a little more than normal at our last visit. So, as long as he is healthy, that's all that matters. We will make our first big payment to the doctor's office next Friday too and that is sure to hurt!

I think that is enough updating for now.... it's time to lay back down on the couch and force myslef to rest. I'll try and post some u/s pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. That device sounds amazing. I'd never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete