I have to make a special blog post for two ladies who are angels in my book! A couple months ago, right after I found out I was pregnant, I also found out that some things I had in someone else's storage unit got auctioned off without my knowledge. Among those things was a big scrapbook bag I had, including all of Austin and Kaleb's baby pictures. I was devastated. I cried for days. I called the storage company who contacted the person who bought the unit items and said that all they could do was contact them and give them my information. I had not heard anything and thought that I would never see those pictures again.
I just knew that I was going to have all these pictures of the new baby and nothing to show for Austin and Kaleb. Week before last, I got a random friend request on facebook. Then a message from the same person. She said that her mom had bought some stuff at a yard sale and she believed that she had my pictures. She said that the boys were Austin and Kaleb and their mom was April Russ and went to UNCG. I immediately started crying. I couldn't even finish reading the message before I started replying to her. Not only did they have my pictures, they had also saved the pages out of the scrapbooks that I had already started. I met Carey's mom last week and she returned my pictures to me. The two of them will never know how much it meant to me that total strangers decided to look for me to give me my pictures back. I sat at home that night for hours just looking through the pictures and crying. There was one picture in there that could never be replaced. It was a picture of Austin, myself, my mom, my grandma and my great grandmother. My great grandmother has since passed away and that is the only picture we have of the five generations of my family.
I want to say Thank You to Carey and her mom for being good people. They could have just thrown those pictures away, but took the time to search for me and meet me and give me back my memories that I thought I may never get back.
Emma Jean: 5 months
10 years ago



I am so glad that we were able to find you and give you back those precious memories. We knew as we were looking through them that they would be completely irreplacable. Writing this blog was so sweet of you and means a lot to us. I would hope anyone put in our shoes would have done the same thing. I am sorry I was not able to meet you that day and I wish you all the luck and happiness with your new baby, as well as the rest of your family.
ReplyDeleteWow. That's an amazing story- I'm so glad you got your pictures back!
ReplyDelete